the conference is a volunteer-driven endeavor for our colleagues and exhibitor staff members. By lending a hand during the conference, you not only contribute to the success of the conference but also have the opportunity to meet others in your field. Volunteer positions require only one or two hours of work, leaving plenty of time to enjoy the sessions and social events.
If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out our Contact Form and mention subject as “Volunteer”.
Thank you for considering a volunteer opportunity at the conference!
- Pick up speaker gifts prior to session at the Volunteer Table. Check for any last-minute instructions. Note: if speaker does multiple sessions, they will receive only one gift, which will be at the first session (you will be advised).
- Ensure audio/visual equipment for the session is working, act as the liaison between the speaker and the audio/visual volunteers as necessary.
- Welcome the session attendees and stress the importance of filling out the online evaluation about this session, so that future conferences may benefit from their input.
- During the session, count the number of session attendees in the room and report this figure to the Volunteer Table at the end of the session.
- At the conclusion of the session, thank the speakers, thank attendees for coming, and remind attendees to fill out the online evaluation forms emailed to attendees after their return to their institutions.
Hospitality and Special Events
- Arrive at meal or special event location fifteen minutes in advance of start time.
- Seek out appropriate hospitality or special events chair and ask for instructions.
- Check registration list, badges and greet people at door.
- Please arrive at the registration area 10 minutes before your shift.
- Greet conference attendees and check them in for the conference.
- This position requires you to stand during your shift.
- Water will be available for volunteers.